Saturday 19 May 2012

Brand Ambassador for Fit Fluential | Fitnessawayoflife

34956_618206172739_2805423_35889162_6003252_n

We are so proud to annouce that recently we were chosen to be among the highest rank of fitness professionals recognized by Fit Fluential, a highly acclaimed nationwide organization with over 4,000 members and 600 ambassadors in just one year's time.? It is our honor to be a part of a group of people who truly shine in our area of expertise. In reaching over 75 million audience viewers each month, the Fit Fluential family is the perfect combination of "fitness and influence" as they like to say.

We work together to promote a win-win-win situation through cross-promotion for the brand, for ambassadors like ourselves, and for the consumer like you. Keep a close eye out over the course of the next few months as we will be tag-teaming with nationally recognized publications, and brands to bring to you the best products in health and fitness on the market and we will be offering you the opportunity to win free give-aways! Below you will find our five question interview for our feature spot on the Fit fluential website. Check out their site. Pretty soon you will find our bio listed? among the other top ambassadors from around the world? You may even see our faces featured on their blog with our write-up below!

1. How do you define FitFluential?

FitFluential is going the extra mile by being the call to action. What sets us a apart from other health and fitness influencers is that we not only advocate awareness of the importance of healthy living, we partner with the people who matter, we get the ball rolling within our communities, we make other people aspire to be like us and we build lasting relationships among all the people we touch along the way. There's only so much that can be done in the way of health advocacy when it's just one person involved, but when you have thousands of people brought together as we have done all sharing the same mission the impact is monumental.

2. What is your main motivation to be fit?

After watching my father loose his battle to lung cancer at the age of just 43 I became more motivated than ever to really do everything in my power to live a healthy life. My father smoked most of his life and ate a very poor diet of processed foods, which I believe greatly contributed to his rapid health decline. To see him go from being a star quarter back in high school to a victim of cancer proved to me that even what talent you are born with can quickly vanish if you don't take care of yourself. Your skills and talents are a gift that can't be taken for granted.

I was always one who could eat whatever I want and not gain a pound, but what concerned me the most was what we don't see happening on the inside of our bodies. In exercising regularly, eating a well-balanced diet and practicing inner love and peace I have optimized how I perform, my energy has surged and I always have a reason to smile. Not to mention, I feel healthy.

3. FitFluential believes the key to balance is Eat, Sleep, Move, Enjoy. What is your favorite way to Enjoy Life?

My favorite way to enjoy life is by developing new relationships and maintaining close ties with the ones I've already established. I believe it's the people you surround yourself with who really make you who you are. When you are around people you know and trust and who are accepting you can reconnect with the child in you. You can learn to live life passionately under any circumstance, you accept the things you cannot change, you embrace the presence of love and laughter and you can be comfortable being yourself.

Travel has been the only way I know how to see and appreciate the simplest pleasures life has to offer. When you are in an unfamiliar place you are forced to detach yourself from the patterns you've known your whole life. You learn more about yourself through the people you meet and you can grow to understand and appreciate a life different from your own. There's a unique sense of fulfillment that comes from exploring the grounds of the unknown and witnessing mother nature at work, which you might not have otherwise ever known to exist.

4. What is your regular fitness routine

I'm fortunate in that my body responds very quickly to vigorous exercise. I do not exercise for long durations nor do I exercise everyday. I thrive off of short bursts of high intensity interval training. Typically I will pick a circuit, which I mix up every time, of 4 to 5 exercises targeting my full body. I also don't do much in the form of cardio because when you're doing high intensity workouts for strength building you are also working out your heart in the same way, if not better, than you would doing long durations of steady cardio. It requires more work for your body to quickly switch from one exercise to the next without recovery. You should try it.

I also very much enjoy adventure sports for exercise. I love the adrenaline rush that kicks in when your body is forced to step outside its comfort zone to try something its never done before. I've done indoor rock climbing, white water rafting, hang gliding and sky diving. I also hiked to the top of one of the seven wonders of the world, Table Mountain In Capetown, South Africa.

5. What advice do you have for someone at the beginning of their fitness journey?

First and foremost, find something that you enjoy so that you will be inspired to stick with it. Exercise can be grueling because it's stress on the body. This is why so many people start and than eventually stop. You don't necessarily have to stick to traditional forms of exercise. If you enjoy a group setting join a club team. If you prefer to be outside set up an obstacle course for yourself. If you prefer less vigorous exercise take up a yoga or meditation class. Exercise comes in many forms and remember it's not just your body you need to be concerned with, you also need to practice exercising your mind. In order to reap the most benefits of physical exercise you need to be sure your mind is in a good place. It's always mind over body.

Don't get ahead of yourself. You have to set tangible goals for yourself and give yourself credit for every improvement you make. It's very easy to get down on yourself when you don't experience the results that you want immediately. Pay attention to how you feel when you first start down your fitness journey and make note of any changes you experience along the way. It's not just the physical changes you should be focused on. Be thinking about how you would answer these questions. How have your sleeping patterns improved? Are you in a healthy frame of mind? Do you have more energy than before? Have you been receiving more compliments lately? How does your skin feel? All of these changes are a result of taking better care of your body so recognize them.

Bonus Question:

What is one thing about your body that you used to dislike, but have since learned to love?

I used to always wish I had more curves. You know the kind when you put on a swimsuit and you immediately notice the difference in your hip to waist circumference? Yeah, well I have none. haha At least none that is visible to the eye. I have more of an athletic frame and I've come to love it. Everybody has the things they love and I hate to use the word hate here so I'll say dislike about their physique. My favorite quality is definitely my legs so I try to accentuate them. I've always been a runner and I danced almost as soon as I could walk and my legs definitely reflect that. Insert smiley face. As for my lack there of hips I love the fact that I can still get away with wearing a size 2 bottom because my hips don't get in the way =). And I've learned to shop for clothing that compliments my frame so that I like what I see. Mermaid style skirts and low waisted jeans I find flattering. Rather than trying to change the way you look it's important to know the difference between what you can improve upon and what you were born with or as I like to say blessed with. Nothing is more attractive than a person who is completely and utterly comfortable in their own skin.

joe paterno dead joe pa joe pa marist south carolina primary results marco scutaro betty white

No comments:

Post a Comment